April 27, 2011
The Suds: Deals?
- Facebook “Deals” launched yesterday, and I received a “deal” for a “luxurious birthday party for four kids” at the St. Regis hotel in Atlanta for *only* $699…off of a regular $799! A.) I live in South Carolina. Not Georgia. B.) I don’t have kids. C.) I don’t have $699. D.) Who spends $699 on a kid’s birthday party at an exclusive hotel??? I would think with all of the personal data Facebook has that these “deals” would be a little better targeted.
- Help Columbia win a free fruit orchard from Edy’s ice cream! We’re currently in 4th place.
- The Charleston City Paper has a lovely little feature piece about where to eat eggs in Charleston. I love eggs. From my head down to my legs.
- 78% of South Carolina Republicans + GOP-leaning independents think President Barack Obama is a socialist. (In other news, 22% of South Carolina Republicans + GOP-leaning independents can actually define “socialism.”) Somebody better tell the lefties who are all mad at the president for not being liberal enough.
- Gov. Nikki Haley supports imposing ATV protection laws in South Carolina. Nanny state alert! Nanny state alert! One thing I actually appreciated about Mark Sanford was his ideological consistency on stuff like this, even if such stances were extremely unpopular.