Suds: Lightbulbs, Lollipops, and Pornography
- The State‘s government watchdog Cindi Scoppe lays out all of this year’s “legislative lollipops” (I love that description) — all the little tax breaks that don’t get any attention.
- Vincent Sheheen gets some love on Daily KOS:
The issues are a little too complex for me to try to summarize here in a digest bullet, but the link will take you to an interesting story exposing some pretty naïve political incompetence on the part of supposed GOP wunderkind Gov. Nikki Haley. One thing I’d like to remind folks of is that despite the Republican bloodbath of 2010, Haley didn’t perform all that impressively. In fact, she had the second-narrowest win out of all 20 victorious GOP gubernatorial candidates, just 4.3%. Only Rick Scott won more narrowly, and he’s Rick Scott. Dem Vincent Sheheen got almost no national attention but should have, given his strong performance in a tough state in an impossible year. If Haley continues to stumble, I think she could prove surprisingly vulnerable in 2014.
- Rapper 50 Cent traces his roots back to slaves in Edgefield, SC.
- Ayn Rand, Rand Paul, Todd Kincannon, Tommy Crocker, light bulbs, and interstate commerce. All in one story. Love it. Snaps, Corey Hutchins.
- FOSB (Friend of Soapbox!) Tracie Broom talks sustainable food in the Midlands.
- The Baptists oppose the Amazon deal because they’re worried about the company selling pornography.