January 26, 2011
1/26 Morning Suds: 28.9%
- SC unemployment for December rises to 10.7% and remains the 6th worst unemployment rate in the country. Government layoffs are slowing state economy’s recovery. Number of non-government jobs available, however, is on the rise.
- GOP priorities! The lede from The State’s John O’Connor’s story today: “Requiring a photo ID to vote, gambling and home poker games, and automated traffic tickets are on the General Assembly’s agenda this week.” Because surely those are the most pressing issues we face as a state today.
- Everything you ever wanted to know about oysters from the Post & Courier. If you’re an oyster fan in the Midlands, run — don’t walk — to Solstice Kitchen off Clemson Rd. between 5-7 on weekdays for the most lip-smackin’ fried oysters you’ll ever taste — at half off! $6 and the oysters are gargantuan.
- Borowitz Report (humor): Republicans Rehearsing Grouchy Facial Expressions for State of the Union.
- Three years ago today Barack Obama walloped his opponents by a 28.9% margin in the 2008 South Carolina Presidential Primary…a day I’ll never forget. Click on the extended entry to watch the speech from that night.